It is crucial that all Bishop Reding students attend classes on a regular basis in order to experience academic success. We ask that all Parents/Guardians take the time to inform the school when and if a student is going to be absent.
Students who are absent, whether for one period or an entire day, will not be admitted to class without an admit slip from the Attendance Office. The student will be required to show the admit slip to all their teachers. Admit slips will only be granted to students when:
- Parents will report absences using SafeArrival instead of calling or emailing our school office. The student attendance management system is available 24/7 and will allow you to report your child’s absence in one of three ways:
- using the SchoolMessenger® mobile app
- by logging into the SchoolMessenger® web site
- by calling into an interactive toll-free phone line
For more information about the SafeArrival student attendance management system, click here: bit.ly/HCDSB-SafeArrival.
- A note is received by the Attendance Office explaining the reason for the absence.
Please note that until a phone call or note is received the student may not be admitted to their class or classes and may have to work in the office on class material provided by their teacher. If a student is discovered to be truant after consultation with a parent/guardian then the rules outlined in the Bishop Reding Attendance Policy will apply.
Students who need to sign out for an appointment should have a note indicating the time and reason why they may need to leave school early or a phone call from a parent/guardian. This note should be presented to the Attendance Office prior to the student leaving the school. Failure to sign out properly will be viewed as being truant and the rules outlined in the Bishop Reding Attendance Policy will apply.