Dear Bishop Reding CSS Community,
It is hard to believe that August is quickly coming to a close and September is right around the corner!
We would like to welcome all of our students, new and returning, to the 2018 2019 school year!
The following is important information for our families for the start up of school:
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 4. The school day begins at 8:20 am. Students will be able to review their timetables on the SIS system the weekend before school begins. More information will be sent about this next week.
- The Catholic School Council Used Uniform Sale will take place at the school on Thursday, August 30 from 8:30 am – 8:30 pm – a great chance to pick up a few more uniform items at very reasonable prices.
- New Student Orientation will take place on Thursday, August 30 – more information will be sent in a separate email.
- Student Registrations and Appointments with Student Services will take place Aug 27 – Aug 30 – more information will be sent in a separate email.
- Lockers will be assigned individually to all grade 9 and 10 students. However, due to growth, our grade 11 and 12 students will be required to share lockers and are asked to find a ‘locker buddy’ and will be assigned a locker from the main office beginning Wednesday, Sept 5. Students are not to have their belongings in lockers not assigned to them or their items will be removed.
- Construction for the new addition to the school will begin in October – more information will follow.
- Parents are asked to have their students walk or bike to school. With the growth in student numbers and upcoming construction, access to school property via cars is going to become very challenging. If driving students, you are asked to drop them off or pick them up at a site near the school. Please be careful and aware of our students when coming on property!
We are very excited to welcome our students back to another successful school year and to work in partnership with our families to ensure BR is a great place to be!
Thank you on behalf of all of our BR staff,