Bishop Reding Catholic Secondary School strives to foster the growth of faith-centred,
productive, and compassionate citizens of the world.
As a school community at Bishop Reding Catholic Secondary School we:
- Recognize the inherent dignity of all people as children of God
- Promote the development of the whole person, mind, body and spirit
- Inspire the pride that comes from hard work and genuine achievement of academic and personal goals.
- Foster an understanding of Gospel values
- Live by faith inside and outside the community
- Believe in each student’s potential to graduate as thoughtful, discerning, contributing members of society
- Value diversity as an enriching aspect of community
- Encourage partnership with home, church, and community to achieve these goals
Our Mascot: The Lion
The Meaning of the Lion as a Catholic Christian Symbol. The lion is a symbol of Christ, the Lion of Judah. The Lion Christian Symbol represents alertness and watchfulness. The lion is connected to God in that as a lion sleeps with its eyes open, so too does God who never sleeps as He watches over his children. The Lion of St. Mark: The lion is symbolic of Saint Mark. The Lion of St. Mark is a winged lion, the emblem of the evangelist Mark. Reference to the Lion in the Bible:
“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof”