The Scholarship Report
Student Services subscribes to an online resource, “The Scholarship Report,” that contains a wealth of information regarding scholarships, awards, and bursaries. A hard copy is available for perusal in the Scholarship Binder in Student Services.
Any new Scholarship/Bursary/Awards information received throughout the year will be handled as follows:
- Information will be conveyed during morning announcements.
- The website will be updated.
- Photocopies of scholarship information received via Canada Post will be placed in the scholarship binder.
- Click here for information on numerous selected scholarships and awards. These scholarships have been sorted based on criteria for ease of research
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca/– Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- einfo – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- yconic.com – links and information on numerous scholarships (this is the site for studentawards.com)
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
2019/2020 Scholarship, Bursary, Award information
If you are applying for any scholarships/bursaries listed below, please inform Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn. If you would like information on last years scholarships, please click the following (LINK)
Date School Received Information
|Name of Scholarship||Important Information||
|Sept 6, 2019||Loran Scholars Foundation||Based on character, service, and leadership.
Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000. Each Loran Award includes:
Nomination packages are available in Student Services and are due to Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn by Wednesday, September 25 at 3:00. Students who do not wish to be sponsored can apply to the “direct pool” (deadline October 24th). Please view their website for more information and online application:
Loran Scholar Activity Record
|October 17, 2019|
|Sept 19, 2019||Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs||Offers financial assistance to students in need who show integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Student must be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Student must be graduating in the spring/summer and attending a bachelor program next fall. Minimum average of 65% required. Online registration required.||October 25, 2019|