The Scholarship Report
Student Services subscribes to an online resource, “The Scholarship Report,” that contains a wealth of information regarding scholarships, awards, and bursaries. A hard copy is available for perusal in the Scholarship Binder in Student Services.
Any new Scholarship/Bursary/Awards information received throughout the year will be handled as follows:
- Information will be conveyed during morning announcements.
- The website will be updated.
- Photocopies of scholarship information received via Canada Post will be placed in the scholarship binder.
- Click here for information on numerous selected scholarships and awards. These scholarships have been sorted based on criteria for ease of research
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca/– Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- http://www.ontariouniversitiesinfo.ca/ – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- yconic.com – links and information on numerous scholarships (this is the site for studentawards.com)
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
2019/2020 Scholarship, Bursary, Award information
If you are applying for any scholarships/bursaries listed below, please inform Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn. If you would like information on last years scholarships, please click the following (LINK)
|Sept 6, 2019||Loran Scholars Foundation||Based on character, service, and leadership.
Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000. Each Loran Award includes:
Nomination packages are available in Student Services and are due to Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn by Wednesday, September 25 at 3:00. Students who do not wish to be sponsored can apply to the “direct pool” (deadline October 24th). Please view their website for more information and online application:
Loran Scholar Activity Record
|Oct 17, 2019|
|Sept 19, 2019||Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs||Offers financial assistance to students in need who show integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Student must be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Student must be graduating in the spring/summer and attending a bachelor program next fall. Minimum average of 65% required. Online registration required.||Oct 25, 2019|
|Sept 23, 2019||Schulich Leader Scholarships||Student must be nominated; 1 nomination per school. For students enrolling in STEM programs at a partner university. Nominees must meet 2 of the 3 criteria: 1) Academic Excellence 2) Leadership 3) Financial Need. *Note: Nominees must not be planning a career as a medical practitioner. Application packages are available in Student Services or can be completed using the link below.
Nomination Package due – November 29, 2019 by 3:00 pm
Application due – January 29, 2020 by 3:00pm
| Nov 29, 2019
Jan 29, 2020
|Oct 23, 2019||The Cover Guy||
||July 1, 2020|
|Oct 28, 2019||Queen’s Chancellor’s Award||This is the date nomination forms are due in Student Services. BR can nominate a maximum of 2 students. See attached for nomination form or pick one up in Student Services beginning Oct. 29. Students must demonstrate considerable leadership experiences, meaningful volunteer work, and have an average of 90% or higher.
Application due – November 5, 2019
|Nov 5, 2019|
|Oct 31, 2019||Burger King Scholar||Requirements:
||Dec 15, 2019|
|Nov 19, 2019||Terry Fox Humanitarian Award||To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
||Feb 1, 2020|